Are you concerned that your child might have a cavity? If so, then it’s important to work with the dentist in St. Cloud, MN to get your child a filling as soon as possible. Knowing the signs of a cavity is important, so you can identify when there’s a problem. Here’s what you need to know to help protect your child’s dental hygiene.
What Are the Signs of a Cavity?
The only way to be certain that your child has a cavity is by taking your child for a checkup at the dentist. The signs below are an indication that your child may have a cavity.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
- Toothache that occurs for no obvious reason or when chewing
- Black or brown spots on the tooth
- Holes in the tooth
If your child is experiencing one or more of these symptoms, they may have a cavity. It’s time to see the dentist.
What Are Composite Fillings?
Composite fillings are fillings that are made from a tooth-colored composite resin. Unlike traditional amalgam fillings, which are silver colored, composite fillings are designed to look like the tooth. They’re made from a safe, durable material that won’t affect your smile the way amalgam fillings do. At Friesz Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we offer composite fillings to our patients: ask us about them when you make the appointment.
How Can I Prevent My Child From Getting a Cavity In the Future?
You can help your child avoid getting a cavity by taking steps to help them maintain good oral hygiene. For example:
- Brush your child’s teeth for them until they turn about 7 or 8 years old
- Make regular dental appointments to ensure your child is seeing the dentist as often as recommended
- Encourage your child to eat healthy snacks instead of sugary foods and drinks
- Set a good example for your child by taking good care of your own oral hygiene
Is your child in need of fillings in St. Cloud, MN? The professionals at Friesz Family and Cosmetic Dentistry can help. Make an appointment today to learn more about our services.